Sciatica is known as a pain sensation in the lower back area and extends to the buttocks, thighs and legs through the pathway of the sciatic nerve. In severe cases, the legs tend to numb. In most cases, it affects one side of the body.
We all know that sciatica appears with great pain. In many cases, it would be difficult to get up, sit down or even stretch your legs. Sometimes you just stick to your back during a sharp exacerbation. Such pain can make your daily life unhappy. Therefore, you will want to know what options you have for relieving pain.
Sciatica is more frequent when a herniated disc or cartilage presses the spine or narrow the spine and pressure the nerve causing inflammation and pain.
Symptoms of sciatica
- The feeling of pain in the lower area of the back, which may extend to the area of buttocks and thighs and leg, may be a sense of burning or numbness and the sense of pain is decreased when lifting the legs above when you are lying.
Exercises for sciatica – How will they help you?
Have you been stuck with surgery or pharmaceutical help? is there anything you can do yourself, such as sciatica and home remedies for pain relief?
Although sciatica is a strong pain, it can be treated at home in a few weeks. In fact, there are many resources you can use to help yourself. Take, for example, exercises for sciatica. This is a great exercise for sciatica to help with acute pain and relieve it immediately.
- First, spread the blanket on the floor and lie down on it, raising your knees at an angle of forty-five degrees .Place the ankle of the affected leg on the knee of the other leg. With both hands rest the knee on the leg that has not been disturbed and pull it towards you slowly and carefully. Try. to stretch as much as you can, so that
you feel the tension, but not pain. With this type of exercise for sciatica, you can definitely stretch the muscles around the lower back, the buttocks and the upper part of the thigh. You will feel relief immediately as a result of muscle relaxation in this area.
- Bridging exercise: The patient is lying on the back and knees in the case of full bending and feet are flat on the ground and close to the buttocks and then lift the patient center and buttocks from the ground to the highest
or to the highest level can reach.
- Leg and leg exercise: The patient lies on the back and one of his knees in the case of full bending and foot level on the ground and close to the buttocks and the other leg is straight then lift it from ground to the top.
In addition to performing various exercises for sciatica, you should make sure that you understand the underlying causes of this condition in your particular case. By providing weaker muscles in regular training, it can help prevent relapse in sciatica. It is better to carefully investigate the causes of your sciatica. to know what steps to take to properly treat the symptoms. It is necessary to talk with your doctor to determine the exact cause before starting treatment for sciatica.
One of the great advantages of exercising with sciatica is that you can do it whenever you are free. The exercise for sciatica which explained here is a great painkiller, but in the long run, you should do exercises to strengthen the muscles of the spine to help the health of your spine. The stronger your nucleus, the less pressure you exert on your discs, ligaments and sciatic nerve; ergo – less sciatic pain.
For this reason, even experts recommend sciatica exercises instead of pharmaceutical drugs. If you combine these exercises for sciatica with some home remedies to further relieve the pain, you may be able to avoid many costly treatments for sciatica. Surgery or pharmaceuticals. In some extreme cases, surgery cannot be avoided, but in most cases of sciatica. you can learn to cope with the pain and condition by adopting some lifestyle changes that will allow life in a normal life. In the near future without risking spine surgery.
It is important to remember that at the beginning of pain it is better not to get involved in so many physical activities. However, prolonged rest can change the situation to a serious one. When no movement is made, the muscle- tendon muscles may lose their elasticity. So every little movement would make you suffer so much pain. Gentle exercises are needed even after reducing sciatic pain.
Sciatica disappears during a week of exercise and rest. If you fail to feel comfortable or relieve pain during this period, visit your doctor, you have to tell the doctor what happens to you? How it happens? Which exercises you did during this week? Try to explain the pain carefully to get the right diagnoses and treatment.
Factors which increase the risk of sciatica:
- Age affects the spine and causes changes on it, such as bone spurs, herniated disks and is therefore more susceptible to sciatica
- Weight gain may increase pressure on the spine that triggers sciatica.
- Some ـjobs may require moving your back, carrying heavy loads, driving a car or sitting for a long time that may play a role in sciatica..
How to protect your back:
- You should keep your muscles strong by maintaining regular exercise and avoiding violent and dangerous Sports.
- You should avoid sitting in the wrong positions so you should choose your seat carefully. Avoid also carrying heavy weights in a wrong way try to keep your back straight and only bend the knee if required.